Mission and Purpose
The Erie Society for Genealogical Research encourages public awareness of family history and fosters research and understanding of genealogy through its publications and activities. Established in 1972, the society has a nationwide membership dedicated to five primary goals:
- To foster family history education and research;
- To publish genealogical information;
- To provide educational opportunities and training in genealogy research methods;
- To provide a computer matching service for surnames research, and
- To share accumulated knowledge.
The Society is administered by an elected board of officers and volunteers who serve two-year terms.
Operating Year: April 2018 - March 2019
Our Membership Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month, except August (when we usually have a picnic), December (when we have a Holiday party) and January (no meeting). Meetings begin at 6:30 p.m. at the Thomas B. Hagen History Center, 356 West 6th Street, Erie, PA 16507. For information about meetings, please consult the Events page here, or write to us at email@example.com.